I’ve had this blog since 2011, but I’ve been blogging since 2009. What happened in between? Well let’s just say I forgot that small little detail of backing up my stuff.
I love pouring out my thoughts. I love pouring out words of transparency laced in encouragement. I truly believe that I help someone that way. Who? I may never know, but along the way, I’ve gotten quite a number of emails. I didn’t blog much in the last two years.
2018 was a year in the dumps for me…everything that could go wrong did. That at all doesn’t mean there wasn’t anything to be grateful for. 2019 was a year of digging myself out of the pits and maintaining. Rough but still there was a lot to be thankful for.
The year, 2019, seemed to be a blur but I remember two very distint things.
1. I released two books last year, both where awarded the Award of Excellence from Romance In Color. That was a huge confidence booster as a hadnt written in about 18months. Although sales from both books could be better. My loyal readers enjoyed both stories.
2. I was freed from the bondage of Cooperate America….LOL. It was once my dream job but those can turn into nightmares after a while. All in all I’m thankful of the 13 year run.
So what does this year hold especially in regards to my books? I really don’t know. I’ve decided to be more fluid with my plans. Transparent moment?…The readership seems to be dwindling for black Christian fiction. It’s discouraging and eye opening. Those who release often are most likely signed to a big publishing deal. Indies, like myself that depend on readers are not making returns. So do we quit or do we release sparingly as the market dictates?
I know I won’t stop but strategy will change some. What I do know for sure…God willing
- Ether Mustafa or Adeniyi from A Promise Fulfilled will get their story told this year.
- I’ll release a couple of shorts stories between 35 and 90 pages long. Some will be of new couples, some of old couples you love. I rereleased Full Circle yesterday…check it out https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083DCK456
- I’ll start blogging again.
- My active newsletter subscribers will know everything about release or changes FIRST, then my blog, then my group.
That’s all from me for now. I do wanna say …thank you again for being my my side.
What’s on your mind?
Peace & Blessings