Hi y’all, let me start off by saying that I didn’t write this. I will say however that when I read it, it seemed the writer was in my brain when she did. I started writing my book in 2006 but I can definitely say that all of the reason listed and more where the reason I stopped. Year after year, I kept putting it off till the little hospital incident I told you about.
So if you are reading this, let this be your wake up call…….
“Don’t let another year go by without getting started on your very own book!
There are many reasons why you have not gotten started. Don’t let anything stop
you now. You need to identify what is holding you back and begin working to reach
your goal. Take a look at this list and see if you see yourself in any of these reasons.
1. Fear – You are scared of what people might think of you as an author, and you may be hesitant to share personal information with the world.
2. Lack of Knowledge – You simply don’t know how to get started or how to be successful.
3. Lack of Support – Your family and friends may not encourage you as much as you would like but they just may not understand how important it is to you.
4. Lack of Resources – You have not found a cost effective way to get your book published.
5. Procrastination – You keep putting off writing until later, and the years keep passing.”