Hi y’all, let me start off by saying that I didn’t write this. I will say however that when I read it, it seemed the writer was in my brain when she did. I started writing my book in 2006 but I can definitely say that all of the reason listed and more where the reason I stopped. Year after year, I kept putting it off till the little hospital incident I told you about.
So if you are reading this, let this be your wake up call…….
“Don’t let another year go by without getting started on your very own book!
There are many reasons why you have not gotten started. Don’t let anything stop
you now. You need to identify what is holding you back and begin working to reach
your goal. Take a look at this list and see if you see yourself in any of these reasons.
1. Fear – You are scared of what people might think of you as an author, and you may be hesitant to share personal information with the world.
2. Lack of Knowledge – You simply don’t know how to get started or how to be successful.
3. Lack of Support – Your family and friends may not encourage you as much as you would like but they just may not understand how important it is to you.
4. Lack of Resources – You have not found a cost effective way to get your book published.
5. Procrastination – You keep putting off writing until later, and the years keep passing.”
It’s the first day of March, where has the year gone? Doesn’t it seem like just yesterday we were all saying happy New Year to one another? Now we are three months in. That’s the thing about time; it doesn’t stop and wait for no one. I consider it the most valuable thing we have but often misuse. Once we lose it, it can’t be regained. Reality check: What have you spent the last two months doing? Has it pushed you any further towards your goals or has it taken you away from them. Ephesians 5:16-17 Making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is
You are the gatekeeper of you own time, do you allow people that can’t add or subtract from you in anyway occupy your time? I’m not saying we can’t have those days when we just need a lazy day, our body needs them sometimes. Marthe Curtain said “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time” But we need to be mindful that we don’t allow those days to turn into extended days of procrastination and idleness. You know what they say and idle mind is the devil’s workshop. Proverbs 12: 24The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labor
As for me I have been very bust but my body recently reminded me that I needed to slow down. My debut novel which will be independently published is set for release next month. I have been re writing, approving cover designs, doing press and writing a couple of short stories in between. Phew! That was a mouthful (or ‘typeful’) and that just for my brand. I also run operations at KevStel Group so I have been busy there as well then add being a mom, wife and having a full time job. Don’t ask how I do it because I have no earthly idea. What I do know is that the joy of the Lord is my strength. That’s all I can say. But my body wasn’t having it yesterday, it literally gave out and I crashed in the bed from 5.30 pm till this morning with a slight fever. With the mindset that I’m healed in His name, I’m back on the grid.
For March, I will carry on the motto I set for the beginning year; the only people that will occupy my time are those that add positively, the only thoughts that will occupy my time are those full of faith, love and hope. I refuse to entertain doubt about anything because if God put it in my heart. He will provide a way for it to work out. I will hug on the family a little tighter and just enjoy any process I find myself in.
Happy New Month Y’all. My prayer is that God moves us FURTHER, FASTER
******** I wrote this piece for my business page but really needed to share it here also, hope it speaks to you reading as it did to me writing******
The biggest night in Hollywood has come and gone. We at KevStel group reported every minute of it from our perspective of course, and from the best seats; our couch. The party was on twitter, have you followed us yet? Please do @kevstelgroup
Foreigners seemed to take the day, wining in almost every major category. If other countries can ‘almost’ sweep an American Award ceremony that give me hope that one day Africa especially Nollywood; the Nigerian movie industry, also has the ability to one day do the same. We will have our talented stars sit in the auditorium too, being nominated for something.
Despite all the hoopla of the night, the highlight for me was the end of the night, when Ben Affleck gave his acceptance speech. He was snubbed for the best director award but his movie took home best picture. Imagine that!!
The speech was flawless and to the point and really made sence. Since the Academy used the JAWS soundtrack to get long-winded people off the stage, he really rushed through the speech but his message was not lost. These are the things I thought were just beautiful;
- There are still people who are willing to help just for the sake of helping. Not for anything they stand to gain. You know that verse in the bible that says God knows the heart of man? It speaks to motive, why do you do for other people the things you do? Is it to gain something or because it’s the right thing to do? If your motive is not pure the result wont be either. Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart~ Proverbs 21:22
- Do not, do not hold grudges. That is just too much baggage to bear. Some times the person you are holding a grudge against has since moved on. Jesus, advised us that if we are quarrelling with our brother/sister we should settle with them before we come to the altar of God to ask for anything. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”~ Mark 11:25
- It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down because it’s bound to happen. What matters is you get back up. This one was what go me to tear up and I think he did too. You see there are sometimes in life when you think that you can’t take one more disappointment, when you can’t take one more ‘no’. It’s bound to happen, when things doesn’t work according to your own grand design but stay strong, persevere, God has got the master plan. Build a good attitude, another NO is just another stepping stone to your greatness. Just belive, keep getting back up, and be ready because it will happen at his appointed time.! Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him~ James 1:12